Opinions about the flavor of black cumin seed oil
There are a lot of ways to describe the flavor of black seed oil, or nigella sativa oil. The amazing plant and its extracts offer a massive list of benefits when it is ingested or used on skin or hair. So what does black seed oil taste like?
Here are a few ways of how people online describe its flavor:
- I don’t mind. A bit strong but you get used to it.
- Black Seed Oil tastes like how motor oil smells.
- Similar to the pleasant spicy smell of the Nigella Sativa seed.
- Tastes like strong oregano.
- Intense and medicinal.
- Very dense with a strong taste. The oil is more concentrated than the seeds, so the taste is more intense.
- Tastes like fir trees.
- Tastes soapy.
How to improve the black seed oil taste
Devotees of black seed oil claim that after a while you wil get used to the taste of it. There are a variety of ways to disguise or improve the taste.
- Mix the oil with 1 tsp of raw honey when you eat it.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of black seed oil with cinnamon,
- Mix a tsp of oil with a teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar and a squeeze of lemon.
- You could mix it in with a smoothie. We like to grind freeze dried strawberries into a fruit powder and mix it with yogurt and then add black seed oil to that with a touch of honey
Or try this combination blend as a morning or evening tonic:
- 1/2 cup of hot water, 1 tsp of Black Seed Oil
- 1 Tbsp of Raw Honey
- 2 Tbsp of Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of Pure Cinnamon
- 1 squeeze if a lemon (1 tsp of lemon juice)
- Stir and enjoy once to twice per day.
The easy way to take Nigella Sativa Oil
Not fond of the taste of black cumin seed oil? No problem. Here are two options:
- Take it as 500 mg soft gel capsules – Get these on Amazon.
- Eat the raw nigella sativa seeds. Sprinkle them on tasty food and you won’t notice them. They also are less intense than the oil. Get them here.
See how a to make a black seed oil milk shake
This lady has a fun recipe to help you consume black seed oil. Check it out